The Summer Reading Challenge:
Volunteer Role Description – is this you?
We are looking for young people aged between 14 – 18 who show enthusiasm and commitment to volunteer for a minimum of 15 hours to support the Summer Reading Challenge in Wirral’s l libraries –You will be working with children, their parents and carers. You will receive training before and during your sessions.
Animal Agents, illustrated by Tony Ross, will be the theme for the 2017 Summer Reading Challenge, that runs during the school summer holidays. Children need to visit the library six times over the summer to complete the challenge and receive a medal. All children who take part will receive a certificate. Children of any age can take part in The Summer Reading Challenge.
Duties will involve:
• Joining families to the Summer Reading Challenge.
• Talking with children about the books they have been reading and encouraging them to share their views and ideas.
• Handing out reading rewards including stickers and medals.
• Assisting with administration, e.g. registration membership, filing.
• Helping customers by referring enquiries to relevant staff members.
Person Specification - we are looking for volunteers who are:
• Reliable, attending all booked sessions, notifying staff in good time if unable to attend.
• Calm under pressure.
• A good team worker, able to work with library staff and other volunteers.
• Enthusiastic about encouraging children to read.
• Good at talking to young children.
• Able to communicate with customers of all ages including parents.
• Well organised.
• Committed to helping libraries and our customers within the community.
For the application form please follow the link -
Please contact Elaine Wilson on 0151 639 2334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.--Links To More Information
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
Tel: 0151 - 691 8050