Apply for free school meals & register for the pupil premium
Please complete the form to apply for free school meals and to register for the pupil premium (this is funding for your child/ children’s school).
You will not need to provide any additional proofs of income as we will check your details and eligibility. We will give you an immediate answer.
Provided you are eligible you will not need to do anything else and we will write to you and your child/children’s school to confirm the award.
Please note your child/ children must attend a Wirral school. If not please apply to the Local Authority where the school is located.
Please also apply if your child /children receive universal infant free school meals (Reception and Years 1 & 2) as your child /children’s school will get the pupil premium for each child ( additional funding ).
Who can claim
Do you receive any of the following benefits?
• Income Support.
• Universal Credit.
• Income based Jobseeker's Allowance.
• Income related Employment Support Allowance.
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
• Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190).
• Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
You must be the named recipient of the benefit to make the free school meals application